GluFree4Me

Amy's Frozen Meal Labelled Gluten Free...possible Mild Reaction?

Rate this topic

Hey everyone!

Everything I found online about this was pretty old, so I thought I'd ask the incredibly well-educated people here!

Last night at work, I bought one of Amy's Mexican Bowls.  It was labelled gluten free, none of the ingredients seemed suspicious to me, but I'm concerned that I got a mild reaction.  Then again, it didn't last very long, so maybe it was something else?  I am lactose intolerant, but usually that only kicks in after drinking milk or eating ice cream.  Cheese doesn't bother me.

Has anybody else had a reaction or know about their cross contamination care?

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

I don't mean this to be funny, but are you used to eating high fiber mexican food/beans?  Sometimes eating those alone will give anyone a hard time.

Laura, yup.  I don't have mexican food often, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis.   :lol:

Note:  This is a joke and only a joke.  If it were a serious comment, it would not contain gluten  :D

Hey everyone! Sorry I basically fell off the face of the earth, but I did read every reply as they came to my inbox.  I took everything into consideration that you said, and I thought that maybe it was something else I had eaten, or it wasn't related at all to eating the Amy's meal.  I tried another one last week, it was the tamale verde.  Same reaction.  So, whether it is gluten-related or not, I have sworn off Amy's for the time being.  At least the frozen meals.  I've never had any of the other meals, but I really don't want to take any chances.  Thank you all for the suggestions!