Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Seeking2012

"clear Value" Product Line At Winn-Dixie...gluten-free?

Rate this topic

I've been buying Clear Value sausage and there is no phone number on their food packaging so I can't call them. This mysterious company also has no website. What gives? Every time I eat the sausage, I feel fatigued and foggy brained. I'd like confirmation that their foods are cross contaminated... I emailed Winn-Dixie, which is the store that carries this line, and am waiting for a response. Anyone else get sick eating Clear Value sausage?

And why no phone number / website on this company???

After I made this post I got to thinking again, because I was irritated about the whole thing. I did finally manage to dig up a phone number. Clear Value is owned by TopCo foods, so I found their number and called to talk to them. They said that allergen exposure may vary from batch to batch, and that I needed 3 codes to even ask about the particular product in question: bar code number, expiration date, and lot number. And they don't have an allergen list for their foods at all. I told the lady on the phone that I was throwing my hands up in surrender, and that I give up, and that I would be buying a different brand from now on.

But what brand of sausage is going to be economical and gluten-free? Probably nothing...

Jennie-O products have been fine for me.  Their website is clear on their gluten status.  I like their sweet Italian turkey sausage and their breakfast sausages.  For me, their hot Italian sausage is WAY too spicy, but that's just my personal taste. Their website is  http://www.jennieo.com/  Take a look, see what you think.

PS  this may help more   http://www.jennieo.com/products/collection/3-Gluten-Free