This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Jif Individual Peanut Butter Cups

Dianaw

Dianaw Newbie

I am going on a trip next week and I bought some individual Jif Natural Peanut Butter Cups.  Has anyone had reactions to those?  I should have asked before I bought, but I was victim to impulse buying.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SMRI Collaborator

Funny--I got some cut up celery and they had an individual Jif Peanut Butter cup with it so I was searching to see if they were gluten-free--about 2 hours ago.  Regular Jif is gluten-free, but their website doesn't say anything about the to-go cups.  The cup I got was not labeled so I don't really know.  I got the regular creamy, not the natural though.

I bought some Skippy to-go ones last week and they are gluten-free.

kareng Grand Master

What ingredient makes you two feel they might not be gluten-free like most all other peanut butter?  I think they are just the same pb that they put in the big jars.

Dianaw Newbie

I stress over cross contamination. There are no gluten ingredients that I can see but if someone has had reactions I'll give it to coworkers.

kareng Grand Master

I stress over cross contamination. There are no gluten ingredients that I can see but if someone has had reactions I'll give it to coworkers.

I guess I don't see where the cc for PB would come from?  Its not like you can make anything but PB on a PB machine.

BlessedMommy Rising Star

^Yes.

The only possible cross contamination from a PB factory would be from tree nuts, if they made almond butter or cashew butter in the same facility, not from gluten.

kareng Grand Master

^Yes.

The only possible cross contamination from a PB factory would be from tree nuts, if they made almond butter or cashew butter in the same facility, not from gluten.

Yes, except - Jif and Skippy are such big PB companies - I doubt they ever make anything but PB on the lines.  The cleaning and other issues with changing out the nuts would be costly.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Okay. :)

I do know that Jif makes a cashew butter. Probably they have a separate line for that.

Shell156 Apprentice

Have you tried Justin's peanut butter cups? They are certified gluten free and really, really yummy!

I know it doesn't mean a ton, but I am super sensitive and I don't react to them :-) 

SMRI Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

Ok, I found this. I understand your concern with the travel packs.  I've found a few products that are gluten free in their normal line but some of their variations are not--like Reeses Peanut Butter cups...the regular ones are gluten-free but their holiday shaped ones, like the eggs over Easter, are not!  Being that I am still new at this, I am still in the "check everything" mode because I don't know off hand everything that is gluten-free....the "old timers" have more experience and maybe could be a bit more understanding with us newbies.... :o

IrishHeart Veteran

I use the Jif To go cups all the time.

No problem whatsoever. Enjoy!

Dianaw Newbie

Thank you IrishHeart!  That is exactly what I needed to hear. 

Thank you too SMRI, I'm a newbie to Celiac and seem to get caught with cross contamination more than anything.  So everything gets checked and I was counting on people with more experience than I.

bartfull Rising Star

I wish I liked peanut butter. It would be so nice because it's nutritious and convenient and doesn't need refrigeration. But alas, I have never liked it, even when I was a kid. My PBJ sandwiches were alway "just jelly".

I DO like Reese's PB cups. Can anyone think of something besides chocolate that might taste good with PB? As I said, jelly is out. (The combination always tasted like dirty socks to me.) I know some folks like it with honey but I have a true allergy to honey.

GF Lover Rising Star

Hubs puts pb on his waffles  :o .  I've heard a few people say they like it with bananas.   :D

I prefer it straight out of the jar  :lol:

BlessedMommy Rising Star

I wish that Earth Balance would come up with individual peanut butter cups. I don't eat Jif and I'm not super impressed with Justin's PB packets. They're okay, but I would prefer a cup design.

SMRI Collaborator

I like apples and celery with peanut butter as well as bananas. 

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Well yay! :) When I went to the store tonight, I went and looked over in the peanut butter section to see if any options had appeared and Jif has natural peanut butter cups! I did not know that they had that option.

So I picked up a pack of them for the road. Open Original Shared Link

SMRI Collaborator
      Nutrition Facts  
  • Serving Size 2 Tbsp (33g)
  •  
  • Amount per Serving
  • Calories 190
    Calories from Fat 130
  •  
  • % Daily Value*
  • Total Fat 16g24%
    • Saturated Fat 3g15%
    • Trans Fat 0g
  • Cholesterol 0mg0%
  • Sodium 80mg3%
  • Total Carbohydrate 8g3%
    • Dietary Fiber 2g10%
    • Sugars 3g
  • Protein 7g
  •  
  • Vitamin A0%
  • Vitamin C0%
  • Calcium2%
  • Iron4%
  • Vitamin E10%
  • Riboflavin2%
  • Niacin20%
  •  

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients:  

MADE FROM PEANUTS, SUGAR, PALM OIL, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SALT, MOLASSES.

Nutrition Facts
  • Serving Size 2 Tbsp (32g)
  •  
  • Amount per Serving
  • Calories 190
    Calories from Fat 130
  •  
  • % Daily Value*
  • Total Fat 16g24%
    • Saturated Fat 2.5g13%
    • Trans Fat 0g
  • Cholesterol 0mg0%
  • Sodium 135mg6%
  • Total Carbohydrate 8g3%
    • Dietary Fiber 2g9%
    • Sugars 3g
  • Protein 7g
  •  
  • Iron4%
  • Vitamin E10%
  • Riboflavin2%
  • Niacin20%

Not a significant source of vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium.

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients:

MADE FROM ROASTED PEANUTSAND SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: MOLASSES, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT.

SMRI Collaborator

The "natural" peanut butter just replaces some fat with sugar....

BlessedMommy Rising Star

Looks like they have about the same amount of grams of sugar and they just replaced the hydrogenated oil with palm oil. My favorite peanut butter for home is Krema which is made of only peanuts, but I wanted to find something for my car kit.

BlessedMommy Rising Star

I tried them and I really like them! They are much cheaper than the little packets of peanut butter and much easier to work with because you can just dip your apple or celery directly in and avoid the mess of squeezing a packet. Very nice and convenient!

IrishHeart Veteran

okay, let's get back to you,  diana w...since this is your thread.

Please do not stress over CC. (stress does nothing but cause inflammation and wrinkles )  ^_^

mamaw Community Regular

I'm  an old  timer  & I give  you  credit  for  checking  ingredients..... this  is the  way  you learn... so  kudos  to you. Many  newbies  don't  want to take the  time  pay  their  dues  &  they get  ill....it  is  a  hassle  to  be  a  label  reader  but  it  will pay off  with good  health....I'm not  sure  who  you  were  addressing  when  you  said  old timers  could be  a  bit  more  considerate  ,   we  are only  trying  to get  a point  across... sometimes   new  timers  are in  denial  & don't want  to truly listen &  soak in  the  reality of  celiac....

You  do  what  is necessary  to make  you feel  comfortable  & safe  while  learning  your  new  lifestyle....and  please  don't  stop asking  questions....

peanut  butter & pickles!!!! My BIL  favorite.....peanut  butter,  marshmallow  cream on gluten-free  graham crackers....add  a melted  hersey kiss.....

We  love  the  sunbutter  &  the almond  butter both  in little  packets or  jars.....both  better for  you  than  peanut  butter...

Archived