John Burlingame

Is There Soy Or Gluten In Stretch-Tite

Rate this topic

Use it all the time John and no problems, odds are it would be caused by something else.  If I eat melon or tomato by themselves its fine but if I have it after  something with tomato it really screws up my insides.

good luck

I had purchased this item a week ago, used it on half of a watermelon and a honeydew, and had bad reactions to both after I ate them when I removed the plastic, was fine after I originally ate the half to begin with.

Use it all the time John and no problems, odds are it would be caused by something else.  If I eat melon or tomato by themselves its fine but if I have it after  something with tomato it really screws up my insides.

good luck

Well Im really new to this, Im just so glad I dont have to do this alone anymore. Just narrowing it down has been difficult, just a tiny bit of soy puts me in a fog and my IQ drops 50% with a cut of panic attacks during the start, time until it passes out of me. Im really not sure if its just soy and gluten. hope I dont have anymore to add. THIS SITE ROCKS!

I love love love Stretch-Tite. But make sure you don't use it in the microwave because it contains the "bad plastic" that will leach chemicals into your food when heated.

I have trouble with soy. But I have to admit, I can't find Stretch-Tite where I live so I am now using (believe it or not) Safeway brand. It has that same fantastic cling and it SAYS microwavable, but I don't use ANY plastic in the microwave period.

I think your problem may just be that you haven't healed yet. All of us at first had good days and bad days. On the bad days foods that were fine for us the day before would "make us sick". In other words, on a bad day it wouldn't matter what you ate, you'd be sick.

Have you read the Newbie 101 thread in the coping section? If not, go read it. It will teach you about cross-contamination and so much more.

Good luck and I hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm sorry you got sick.  It is really hard to tell what is causing a reaction, especially at first.  Personally, I like removing as many possibilities as I can so that I can more easily know what the problem is.  One thing that you could do is to put the melon in  deep bowl and put the stretch tite over that so that it doesn't touch the melon.  I hope that you feel better soon.

I'm sorry you got sick.  It is really hard to tell what is causing a reaction, especially at first.  Personally, I like removing as many possibilities as I can so that I can more easily know what the problem is.  One thing that you could do is to put the melon in  deep bowl and put the stretch tite over that so that it doesn't touch the melon.  I hope that you feel better soon.

It looks like it may be just a detox when starting the diet of fruits and veg, But then again I have yet to use the Stretch since then.