Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with Celiac 18 months ago, and have been coping rather well.  I was glutened by a stray piece of fried chicken in my grilled salad from a chick fil a 11 weeks ago.  I am still having symptoms, and when I think I'm almost healed, I start having bowel movements of gas, liquid and tissue.  Is this long of a recovery time normal or should I be concerned?

Based on just postings from this forum, I think that is too long. I would advise seeking your doctor. That is assuming that you have checked everything you have been eating (e.g. New meds, supplements, packaged food, lipstick.....)

I hope you feel better soon!

I am at 9 months gluten free after my Celiac diagnosis and I still have symptoms similar to yours from time to time, they have gotten less frequent for me but they do still pop up. A friend of mine is at a year and a half gluten free after a celiac diagnosis and she is also still having symptoms far worse than mine. 18 months doesn't seem unreasonable to me, my doctor told me it can take up to 2 years or sometimes longer depending on how long you had symptoms before a diagnosis, how much damage you had, and other variables. Hang in there.