Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

GFAnnie

Aldi Fresh Gluten Free Bread = Love

Rate this topic

Everyone, hop in your car and drive to your nearest Aldi!  They've got FRESH gluten free sandwich bread now and it is SO good! (Fresh as in not frozen, not like someone is standing there baking loaves!) We paid $3.99 for a loaf of their whole grain.  AMAZING! First time I've had non toasted bread since January.

It's their LiveGFree brand. That place is becoming Celiac Mecca. :wub:

I can't do a pic right now, but the label says that it's dairy free, gluten free, nut free, soy free, and wheat free.

Thanks for checking.  Egg is one of ours too and that's usually the kicker for us but that is SO awesome for those who are dairy and but free!!  Fantastic!  Thanks again!

Holy cow - I read this first thing this morning and then picked up two loaves around 10a.  One loaf is almost gone!  My son (the latent celiac) ate TWO sandwiches for lunch and begged for more bread.  My husband who really, really dislikes gluten-free bread devoured some.

Good call!

I might go check Aldi for bread. But I will ask them to get me the still frozen loaf from the back. I don't eat that much bread, so I freeze mine anyway. I think the less freeze and thaw cycles the better. But, if you will eat it quickly, then the fact that they, like other places, put the frozen bread out on non- frozen shelves to thaw, is fine.

I agree with getting a frozen loaf from the back.  Unless you have lots of gluten-free eaters to gobble it up quickly.  I may need to make a trip to my local Aldi soon to check out what is back in stock.

this stuff may not have Gluten in it but it's loaded in so much preservatives.  I would stay far away from this stuff as much as possible.  I did an experiment, I put a slice in a sandwich baggie.  Left it out on the counter.  Took 8 days before mold appeared.  Imagine what it is doing on your insides.