Rate this topic

Does anyone know if the 'standard' way of preparing these might be gluten-free?  I went with my mother to a local take out place near her house yesterday, and she ordered these (I had a soda) and they honestly looked like the best spare ribs I've ever seen. (I used to love spare ribs when I was younger).

I tried to ask the clerk what was in the sauce - she said no soy sauce but she wasn't sure what else.  I could see where they were preparing them and it looked like a dedicated space.  I was so tempted to try them, but I couldn't.  These looked amazing.

Just curious if anyone knows if the usual way of preparing spare ribs is gluten free.  Thanks.

make your own :)  and make a giant batch with extra to freeze, so next time your mom gets them, you can have some, too :)

http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?78496-Rev-Chinese-Style-Roast-Pork-(Char-Sil)-Sept-05

or, if you're not that great in the kitchen, just get some ribs and throw some hoisin sauce on them & bake them (you know, always check your ingredients but i didn't have to look that hard to find hoisin sauce that was gluten free) 

good luck!

An easy way to make these at home is to boil the ribs for 45 minutes in seasoned water and stock veggies. Remove, Brush with your favorite sauce and spices (I use San-J Gluten Free Spicy Peanut mixed with their gluten-free Szechuan) and broil on high until they are crispy and good-looking on the outside. We do this at my house because we don't have a grill right now, but we have to have ribs sometimes!

I usually keep simmering the rib water after the fact, strain it, and save it as stock. It works well for asian dishes. Most often, I freeze it until I decide to make egg drop soup sometime later. 

I make my ribs by doing a dry rub of brown sugar and some BBQ seasonings https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/bbq-3000/c-24/p-327/pd-s.  I wrap in non-stick foil and bake for an hour or so depending on how big they are.  Then, I coat with BBQ sauce and finish on the grill--or under the broiler.  The key, as other's have said, is to remove the membrane if they are a rack of ribs.  I'll buy country style pork ribs quite often since it's just 2 of us now.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQVIMKDpZfg