mbr22m

Gluten Free Candy

Rate this topic

I am in a haunted house for Halloween every year for the boy scouts. They hand out candy to all the kids. I would like to have some SAFE gluten-free candy to hand out to kids with celiac. Does anyone know of gluten-free candy that is certified gluten-free or at least safe to handout to celiacs? I'm getting overwhelmed looking up allergen statements from candy companies. .

I pass out old-fashioned Smarties. They are cheap, gluten free and the kids still like them. I buy bulk packages this time of year at Walmart. I really need cheap candy as we get 500 kids (we take a head count annually) here. Just a block away, they get 1,000 kids. Our neighborhood rocks at Halloween!

Oh, I buy Tootsie Roll candies too. Tested by us, it is made in Chicago. They do not melt. Good for hot climates. Kids like the Tootsie Pops.

These candies may not be certified, but they have been tested by hubby and me!

As always, double check with the manufacturer and read the ingredients label as products do change.

If it is a small group of kiddo's I would recommend Justin's peanut butter cups. Those suckers are a serious fave of mine, and have been used to bribe me into picking up extra shifts or doing extra work around the office that I'd not normally do. Warning they are a bit pricey thus why the mention if its for a small group.

I am in a haunted house for Halloween every year for the boy scouts. They hand out candy to all the kids. I would like to have some SAFE gluten-free candy to hand out to kids with celiac. Does anyone know of gluten-free candy that is certified gluten-free or at least safe to handout to celiacs? I'm getting overwhelmed looking up allergen statements from candy companies. .

Jelly Belly jelly beans are gluten-free.  I periodically pick up some cherry ones as a treat for myself.  Looks like they are free of other stuff, too : https://jellybelly.com/Info/aboutjellybelly/general_facts

I thought the old standby candy corn was safe... :-( I haven't bought any in years but sure wanted to.

There are a lot of candy corn brands that are NOT safe.  They seem to change things up from year to year, but last year I know the jelly belly ones were gluten-free and most common brands were not.

I thought the old standby candy corn was safe... :-( I haven't bought any in years but sure wanted to.

I know that someone just tested Brach's Candy Corn and they were gluten-free.

Just beware of the mini size Hershey Bars - those are NOT gluten free.  I think they use some sort of emulsifier in them.

I like Smarties, Jolly Ranchers, Skittles.  I didn't know Tootsie Pops were gluten-free - glad to hear it!

In Canada Smarties are an M&M like candy that does have wheat in it. Our equivalent to Smarties are called Rockets.

In Canada Smarties are an M&M like candy that does have wheat in it. Our equivalent to Smarties are called Rockets.

Oh yeah...  that;s right

These are the US ones that are gluten-free

http://www.smarties.com/product/gluten-free/

Canada - NOT gluten-free   http://www.peanutfreeplanet.com/Nestle_Smarties_Candy_Boxes_p/nestlesmarties50gcandyboxes.htm