John Burlingame

Well Colgate Cannot Guarantee Its Soy Free

Rate this topic

Subject: Response to Your Email

Dear Mr. Burlingame:

Thank you for telling us about your experience with Colgate Toothpaste. We would like to talk with you directly about this.

Please call our toll-free number, 1-800-468-6502, Monday
through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Eastern time. You will need to give our representative the reference number at the bottom of this e-mail. It also would be helpful for you to have the product container with you when you call.

Colgate Toothpaste does not contain soy or soy proteins. Further, we do not intentionally add soy to any of our other products. Although we obtain our ingredients from reliable and trusted suppliers who maintain our high standards for safety, quality, and efficacy, we cannot guarantee that the ingredients used have not come in contact with any soy.

We want you to have a more positive experience than you did with our Colgate Toothpaste, so we will be sending to your home address some coupons that will enable you to try other Colgate products.

Sincerely,

Sally Harris, LPN
Senior Consumer Affairs Representative
Consumer Affairs

This looks like the basic CYA statement that many of us have heard time and time again when discussing non-food items with manufacturers. They don't use any X-containing ingredients, don't' add X but don't test for X in the final product so won't make a statement specifically declaring it X free because that could create legal liability. These items are generally considered safe by most of us here. As always though, if a product bothers you for any reason, don't use/eat it.

Yea I get that allot, many from medical pill producers. Who on earth does not test there final product for crap that should not be there. Its a stupid answer to give out, I know its to cover there ass on getting sued. But its the dumbest answer. Hey here is some pain pills We made, not sure if there is poison in it, we dont test to see if its in there before we sell it to the customer.

Because we're 1% of the population and it would cost a ridiculous amount of money to test them. With us only being 1% we probably only make up a small fraction of a percent for any single drug manufactured. It would be a complete waste of money. We all have to eat, but relatively few of us need to take meds on a regular basis. Frankly, we're just not that special.

I have noticed, all the companies I have talked to about the soy issue, they ask for my name and zip. guess its starting to add up.