Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maximoo

Cooked Perfect gluten-free Turkey Italian Meatballs

My DD had these meatballs at a friends house in Miami, and she loved them. They were bought at BJ's. I live 1 county over & the BJ's here does not have them. Their website is minimal so I posted on the company's Facebook pg. Their reply was worthless, gave no info where their product was available in the fort lauderdale area. These meatballls are very good. I've tried to duplicate them to no avail. I wish i could buy them locally & have this option as part of a gluten-free meal sometimes.  

Has anyone else had these delicious meatballs? 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

hi maximoo, they sound great, hoping my BJ's gets them.

looks like we're neighbors, have you ever been to Green Wave Cafe? 

gluten free since 11/12  

dairy and soy free since 1/13

chocolate free since 6/14

I miss my chocolate!!!   but I'm not sick anymore, and that's what really matters  :)

Join eNewsletter

maximoo,,,,, I have faked people out many times with these gluten-free meatballs, even had meatball subs one night when friends came over & stayed for supper....I had nothing planned for extra people so I did the subs & what a hit.....

Join eNewsletter

Went to BJs as I ran out of meatballs but they didn't have the turkey gluten-free, They had a beef/pork offering that's also gluten-free. We like these too, but if given a choice would buy the turkey.

put these meatballs (or any gluten-free meatball) on a Udis hoagie roll with mozzarella, tomato sauce , black pepper n sprinkle with Parmesan. Pop in toaster oven till cheese melts . OMG it's so good! DD said its one of the best things she's ever had! A real Italian meatball sub!

Join eNewsletter

Oh, a meatball sub sounds delicious!!!!!  I noticed that the farm rich meatballs which have never had gluten ingredients, are now labeled gluten free.  They have regular, italian,and turkey.  

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

maximoo, sorry I never got back here. I am in Coral Springs. Green Wave Cafe is on Broward Blvd near the turnpike. strictly gluten free place, it's vegan and raw, which I don't need, but there's no gluten on the premises so I know I'm good there. one of the few places i go to. 

gluten free since 11/12  

dairy and soy free since 1/13

chocolate free since 6/14

I miss my chocolate!!!   but I'm not sick anymore, and that's what really matters  :)

Join eNewsletter

Hey julissa...thx for the info but raw & vegan...? Yuck! Lol what other restaurants do u go to? My DD went to Cheesecake Factory at sawgrass & she had a gluten-free meal hamburger on a gluten-free bun, and they have gluten-free chocolate cake! She was in heaven!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter