Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solandra

Eating Gluten To Retest.. Not Feeling So Hot.

I've been eating some gluten for the past couple of days. Yesterday and today I've noticed my eyes feel weird, like I'm having a hard time focusing, definitely gassier than usual and all around feeling a little.. off. I'm not sure if it's from that or something else, but I never had really noticeable symptoms before I went gluten free a few months ago, and I didn't notice much changes.. now that I'm adding it back in, I'm suspecting there might be something to it. I guess I'll keep doing it for at least a couple of more days to make sure it's not something else and I'm not freaking myself out, but does this sound like it might be related? Also feeling kind of stuffy, but I don't have a cold or anything. I'm wondering what I should watch out for.

Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 2/2012. Thyroid tumor removed 4/2012. Positive AGA IGA blood test 3/2012.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry you are feeling poorly.  If you are retesting, you'll need to be consuming gluten in the 2-3 months prior to testing - don't stop too soon if it is not too hard on your body.

There are over 300 symptoms of celiac disease.  It could be... http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CDCFactSheets10_SymptomList.pdf

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Ugh, great. Yeah I'm feeling bloated, nauseated and constipated today (TMI haha). Which wasn't happening when I was gluten free. I'll see if I can make it three months. Food is delicious but not worth feeling gross over.. and it's so weird, because the first day or two I didn't notice anything and then it was like all at once I felt gross.

Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 2/2012. Thyroid tumor removed 4/2012. Positive AGA IGA blood test 3/2012.

Join eNewsletter

Yeah, symptoms can take a few days to show up, and then they can build over time.  At least you'll get to enjoys some holiday food.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Yeah.. screw it. I can't make it three months. SO sick this afternoon. My stomach is like so bloated my pants don't want to fit. Totally not worth it.

Join eNewsletter

I thought you had to go longer than two weeks for a biopsy? And nah, I don't feel like continuing to eat it. It just makes me feel too gross. I'll go back to just eating gluten free.

Join eNewsletter

It was the AGA IGA, I think that one is above 90%. But according to some other studies I've found, not a lot of people who test positive on that one have intestinal damage. The test I had was 2 1/2 years ago so I wanted to get a more recent one.

Join eNewsletter

Either way, you know that gluten and you don't get along.

I've made it almost 5 years gluten free without so much as even a positive blood test. As long as you are confident in what you need to do, others will usually be supportive.

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter