Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serielda

Great A Cold, Just What I Need

I checked a few postings and did not readily see anything , but the past 24-36 hrs , I have been fighting a cold. I've been drinking chicken broth but I am scheduled to work tonight and I don't want to sneeze or cough on everyone and thing. Does anyone know of a gluten-free and dm free cold med? I need dex m or dm ( fixed typo from earlier)free as well as most dm meds make me feel on par with being glutened except I am very special acting. For example the last time I took a dm medication by example I ranked a stats exam, that I should've aced as I was acting borderline drunk W/o the booze. Can't be working on IT things needing to be fast thinking with extreme medicine head.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Dextromethorphan in meds is usually what is labeled DM.  I recommend going to the pharmacy and asking the pharmacist for a recommendation on a cold med without it.  Then you can check for gluten out of those options.  If the DM meds make you feel loopy, you probably want to stay away from pseudoephedrine/sudafed as well.

Edit: left some wrong words in there when editing... need cofffeeee

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter