Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbrookes

Cheese Straws

Does anyone have a good gluten-free cheese straw recipe? I made some great ones last year but have lost the recipe. The recipe I tried today crumbled into a pile. They taste good, but I don't want to eat cheese straws with a spoon!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are you talking about dough rolled up with cheese into a skinny stick and them baked?  If so, I think Chebe breadstick or pizza or foccacia mix would work well.  Its pretty sticky, so I roll it out on a piece of plastic wrap under it  and one on top.  Parchment doesn't work as well for me.

Join eNewsletter

No, this is, I think, a Southern thing. Dough is made of cheese, butter, flour and seasoning such as garlic salt and red pepper. Then you mash them through a cookie press into strips and bake them. Mine looked great, but crumbled to little pieces when they were baked. 

Join eNewsletter

No, this is, I think, a Southern thing. Dough is made of cheese, butter, flour and seasoning such as garlic salt and red pepper. Then you mash them through a cookie press into strips and bake them. Mine looked great, but crumbled to little pieces when they were baked.

That still might be like the Chebe breadsticks - they are tapioca flour and cheese and whatever seasonings. You might not be able to use the cookie press as they are sticky but you could roll them out thin and cut?

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts