• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Bonnie

Puts Things Into Perspective

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

Probably shouldn't be posting this but I'm in need of a bit of support right now and I've had so much from this forum re my gluten problem.

I lost my 26 year old brother 3 and a half weeks ago. He had a motorbike accident, hit a tree, had brain surgery and passed away the next day.

I'm devastated. Trying to carry on and be strong for my 2 sisters, parents and my children.

I have been so self-obsessed and feeling sorry for myself because of Celiac Disease. So I can't eat gluten - so what?

This just puts everything into perspective.

Thanks for reading guys, just feeling really sad.

Yvonne

Oh honey,

I'm so sorry to hear that. You're too far away for a real hug, but a cyber hug was just sent your way.

And I know just what you mean.

Debbie

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. A sudden death like this to someone so young and so close definitely puts a lot of things in perspective.

If you all can, take turns being strong. Everybody needs to grieve and everybody needs somebody to lean on. Just when you need help the most, everybody close to you needs the same support.

Your brother will be your first and last thought every day for years. It does slowly get better with time, although I know that's hard to imagine right now.

richard

I am so sorry to hear that :(

If you ever need someone just to talk to you are welcome to contact me anytime...I will keep you and your family in my prayers...hang in there :)

I'm very sorry to hear your news, Yvonne. I have a younger brother, I can't imagine losing him.

I hope you continue to get support here, I think it's a good thing you reached out with this.

Take care and I will be thinking of you.

Stephanie

Guest nini

huge {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}being sent your way, losing a loved one is never easy.

Yvonne,

I'm very sorry to hear of the death of your brother. This must be a hard time for you and your family. We are all thinking of you. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Take care,

Laura

I just wanted to say how sorry I am about the loss of your brother. Lean on your family, and support each other. I lost a sister 15 years ago, and I remember thinking the hurt would never go away. In time it has, but I still think about her everyday. Take care, and big hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Yvonne-

so so sorry to hear that... i can't imagine losing my brother. i am saying a prayer for you today... it is strange...a friend of mine lost her son about 2 weeks ago from a motorcycle accident, he was probably close to your brother's age. hope you can draw hope from fond memories of him...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family!

Hi guys,

Probably shouldn't be posting this but I'm in need of a bit of support right now and I've had so much from this forum re my gluten problem.

I lost my 26 year old brother 3 and a half weeks ago.  He had a motorbike accident, hit a tree, had brain surgery and passed away the next day.

I'm devastated. Trying to carry on and be strong for my 2 sisters, parents and my children. 

I have been so self-obsessed and feeling sorry for myself because of Celiac Disease.  So I can't eat gluten - so what?

This just puts everything into perspective.

Thanks for reading guys, just feeling really sad.

Yvonne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yvonne, I wanted to add my condolences, and cyber hugs from here too. I'm so sorry to hear you lost your brother. Take care of yourself, too, not just the family!

Pauliina

Yvonne, I am very sorry about the loss of your brother. Take care of yourself right now and try to keep eating healthy so you don't get sick. ((hugs))

I am so sorry that your brother has been taken away, i lost my big brother one year ago when he was 20, so i no a little bit of your pain and i really am sending you so much love. I no you said you are trying to be strong for your family but look after yourself too, if you ever need to talk feel free to email me. and yes it does put everything into perspective...

all my love and strength for you

xxxxx

Yvonne,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. It is always difficult to lose a loved one and makes everything else not seem important. Please take care of yourself and remember that this group does care.

My condolences to you and your family. Losing a loved one is hard, all the more so when it's sudden and unexpected.

Yvonne,

I am sorry that this happened to your brother and your family. These things are hard to understand but hopefully your friends and others will surround you with the love and support you need. You will be in my prayers as I ask God to bring you strength, comfort, and peace during this difficult time. Hang in there and take care.

So sorry to here this. Loss is tough.

You had a brother for many years. Some of us have never had that experience. That too, in a very different way, is a loss.

Feel you sorrow but be grateful too. You had him for all those years.

Take care. There are many prayers for you coming from all of us who have written here. Claire

Thanks so much for all the responses. I was overwhelmed this morning at how many there were and have been sitting here in tears reading them.

In tears but they were a comfort and just what I needed.

Thanks for your prayers everyone. My faith has helped me a lot the past few weeks. I know God had a reason for taking my brother even if I don't know what it is. He was such a good boy, spoilt rotten being the only boy with 3 sisters but we adored him. He was the kind of person who never had a bad word to say about anyone.

Its true what they say - only the good die young.

Thanks again everyone - better stop crying now and get some work done!

You guys are very special and your messages are genuine.

P.S. Only good thing about all of this is that I haven't been eating much so I haven't had any bloating for a while! Ha ha.

Yvonne