Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

livelifelarge24

Nature's Domain Dog Food Ok?

Does anybody have experience with Kirkland's natures domain dog food? Particularly the yellow bag of beef and sweet potato flavor. They are rain free dog foods but I know you can't be certain of some of the other ingreidents when it comes to pet products.

"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools." - Spanish Proverb

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If it is grain free, then it is gluten free. (although it could be processed on the same line as gluten containing dog food) But personally I wouldn't be worried about shared line grain free pet food, since I'm not eating it anyway. 

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

Maybe we have different levels of sensitivity, I have gotten incredibly sick from pet treats and chewable pet antibiotics. In pet food they can even use wheat starch and label it gluten free or grain free. My dog is all over my couch and bed and we snuggle a lot- if it's on her face its bound to get on mine.

"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools." - Spanish Proverb

Join eNewsletter

Oh okay. In that case, you should probably contact the company and find out. I had no idea that they could put grains in it and still call it grain free!

It does make sense that it would make a difference as to what type of animal you have, how hands on you are with them, and where they mostly reside.

Our only furry animal is a cat and he mostly lives outdoors. 

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

I use it for my lab. She is thriving on it. Better yet, we do not get glutened!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Oh, I read the product label (funny, I am opening a new bag this evening.....) and I can find only vitamin E and they do not indicate the source, but chances are it is highly refined.

I can vouch again that we have never been glutened by this dog food. Because my dog does not do well on grains (maybe she has celiac disease too!), I do not give her any treats, rawhide or bones. She only gets beef as a treat (our beef leftovers).

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Thank you cyclinglady. My dog doesn't do well with grains anyway either so it works out. I have been giving her my leftover meat in her kong for treats as well. I never got glutened from Her ild food but it started to make her sick so I had to switch and I've heard good things about natures domains thanks!

Join eNewsletter

We use the red bag (turkey) and no issues. We also get her treats from Costco - dried chicken that we break apart in smaller pieces. She's also 100% gluten-free and thriving (lab, too!).

Angela

Undiagnosed, but I'm positive that I'm the genetic link to celiac for my kids.  Gluten Free in solidarity of my girls!

Kid 1 (9 y/o girl) - DX celiac via blood in 9/2013 (age 7.5).  Negative biopsy in 10/2013.

Kid 2 (5 y/o boy) - DX as "latent celiac" via blood in 9/2013 (age 3.5).  Negative biopsy in 10/2013.

Kid 3 (3 y/o girl) - DX celiac via blood in 8/2013 (age 1.5) and 9/2013. 

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter