Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patt

I Want To Tear My Hair Out

Ok so its Christmas...and I miss my quality street....what other alternative chocolate wise can I substitute with.

red wine only goes so far, then I need chocolate :(

CANADA New Brunswick :)  Accidently saw the light. 

Continuously looking for no subsitute recipes

its not complicated! its just hard.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you contacted them. They'd look to be coming up on gluten free lists I have found.

http://www.nestle.co.uk/asset-library/documents/nutritionhealthwellness/gluten%20avoidance%20list%20v1.pdf

I know they  seem to indicate only one or two have gluten but when I contact them they just said they couldn't guarantee they weren't at all

Join eNewsletter

this was their reply

Thank you for contacting us.

Nestlé Canada is committed to the safety and well-being of our consumers; including those with food allergies. We work closely with experts in the field of allergy, such as Anaphylaxis Canada, and regularly seek their guidance on our initiatives.

In Canada, there are ten (10) priority food allergens that must be labelled on all packaging. These are peanuts, tree nuts, sesame seeds, milk, eggs, fish and shellfish, soy, mustard, wheat and sulphites. These allergens must be declared when they are added to pre-packaged foods.

I would encourage you to always read the label. This is going to have the most up-to-date information. Ingredients do change and what is on the package is always accurate. That said, all sweets within the Quality Street container may contain traces of gluten. They are not to be considered Gluten Free.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call the number listed below, or respond directly to this email.

Thank you for choosing Nestlé,

Join eNewsletter

M&M's and Hershey kisses are gluten-free. I think Turtles are too.... Just settle yourself in front of a candy aisle and read some labels of the ones that interest you. I'm sure you'll find plenty, especially being in Canada where gluten must be listed on the label (read the whole thing anyways), although you may have to skip some packages of assorted chocolates because of of the few which have gluten in them.

Chocolate covered nuts are my favourites, or just a bowl of nuts with raisens chocolate chips, salt and coconut. Mmmmm

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

no they don't have to label them as gluten free or indicate if it may contain wheat, its up to me to read, and most of them have artificial flavouring witch I don't trust

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Popular Now

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17-m):

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online