Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aljf

Just Had Gluten...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Everybody is different--my reactions usually last 5 days. Hopefully you will feel better MUCH sooner!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

My reactions usually last a good 2 weeks....but reaction times vary. Hope you feel better soon.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

I get sad, too. And not just because I know I had gluten, it's just part of my reaction. I have had reactions last about a week, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. Lots of water is good for you. I have recently discovered when I'm feeling acutely depressed (gluten, hormones, whatever) that if I take 2 Source Naturals sublingual Vitamin B6 tablets and put them under my tongue, my mood lifts, sometimes in just a few minutes. They are my new favorite coping strategy. I have not noticed this reaction with the kind you swallow.

I'm sorry you got glutened and I hope it doesn't last too long.

Take care

Stephanie

Diagnosed by food challenge, 10/04

Gluten-free since 10/04

Gluten-sensitive genes: HLA-DQ 1,3 (Subtype 6,9)

Interstitial Cystitis, 7/07

Fibromyalgia, 6/11

My symptoms last from 5 to 21 days. I've also found that vitamin B (I take a complex so I don't know which one does the trick) helps with my mood and with the brain fog.

Pauliina

My husband gets bone and joint pain when he gets gluten which takes about two weeks from onset to go away. Digestion is faster for him; it settles down in just a few days.

My daughter has never had trouble with the bone and joint pain, but she gets depressed worse than dear hubby. For us the magical B vitamin is B12 sublingual to lift the sadness. It works within 5 to 30 minutes of taking it.