Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bartfull

Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White

Thought I'd write to warn everybody. The healthfood store had some yesterday so I thought I'd try it. It is NASTY!! It has that same bitter smell and taste that the Ener-G bread has. I can't get the aftertaste out of my mouth no matter how many times I brush my teeth. Maybe it's the tapioca that makes it taste so bad. Their 7-grain is my avorite bread but from now on if I want white bread I'll be getting Udi's.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't get the white bread, but I have tasted it.  It sounds like that loaf may have gone bad.  Perhaps it was left thawed too long?  YOu should notify Canyon Bakehouse - they would want to know.  Really they would.  

Join eNewsletter

I wrote to them this morning. The bread was frozen and they didn't have any last week so unless it came from Colorado already bad it was relatively fresh. I took the two unopened loaves back this morning and exchanged them for the 7-grain. The opened is going to feed the birds (if even they will eat it.)

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

I know Canyon is a good company. That's why I was so disapointed. I thought if the 7-grain was so good the white would be great too. Maybe it's just me. Like I said, it was frozen and just in to the store so I doubt it had gone bad. Could be I just a strong aversion to the taste of tapioca in bread, but honestly, I can't even stand the smell. The texture is different but the taste (and smell) are just like the Ener-G tapioca bread.

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter