Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

egger

Still Have Constant Gas While On Gluten-Free Diet

I have taken a blood test and skin prick test to see if I was allergic to milk and dairy, but it came back negative. I don't know if these tests are also good for lactose intolerance. I have been on a gluten-free diet for a year so far. Gas seemed to subside until the past month when I traveled out of town for work. It has been a very stressful job. But, I don't really remember if I had ti before I traveled. I just know it was not as bad. The kind of gas I am experiencing is smelly and lasts 24/7. It slowly leaks out and keeps reproducing. I don't know if it's stress related or food related.

Has anyone experienced this type of 24/7 gas. What can I do?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you been tested for SIBO or parasites? Have you eliminated dairy in case of lactose intolerance?

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

To add to cyclinglady's questions, have you had antibiotics over the last few months, as this may have reduced the amount of good bacteria in your gut? In that case you may find taking some powerful probiotics helpful.  

I definitely had lactose intollerance at DX although could manage small amounts of hard cheese.  A year on from DX, when I was introducing more dairy, I noticed that I ended up with trapped wind and lower abdominal pain.  I took some powerful probiotics (capsule form), last thing at night on an empty stomach, and cut right back on dairy and saw a huge improvement.  

I think the dairy intollerance in my case is temporary due to villi damage but the pain and bloating was not helped by the fact that in 2013/4 I had to take two courses of antibiotics and never took any probiotics to compensate.  I still get bloating but less often and when I do I go back to cutting back on dairy and taking some probiotics. 

Diagnosed by blood test and endoscopy Spring 2013

Adopted a gluten-free diet in May 2013

BRITISH

Join eNewsletter

Egger - funny you should say that a about a week ago I increased my consumption of cheese because there wasn't much else to eat - I don't plan well when I shop - and I got C and a bit of lower abdominal pain.  

Diagnosed by blood test and endoscopy Spring 2013

Adopted a gluten-free diet in May 2013

BRITISH

Join eNewsletter

Egger it is in most all processed gluten-free foods and also things not labeled gluten-free, some brands of flavored almonds etc.....  when I first went gluten-free I could eat things with it and had no problem but now I can not eat it at all.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter