Rate this topic

Hi -

I was diagnosed with celiacs last March.  Since then, my energy levels have skyrocketed!  I have tried to eat whole foods but in Minnesota and with my time constraints I haven't been as faithful to the whole foods.  I have a few foods that are gluten fee and tend to just eat and repeat   :)

For the last month or so I have been feeling quite drained.  I am thinking that it has to do with the vitamins/minerals that I am missing out on now.  I have tried one gluten free vitamin called CeliAct but it gives me a stomach ache (not glutened, just too much for my touchy tummy). 

Does anyone have recommendations on gluten free vitamins that are good and sit well with your sensitive digestion?

I've tried vitamins and get a stomach ache from them as well.  I just try to eat well.  I'm not sure why being in MN prevents you from eating well :D but I try to spend some time on the weekends cutting up vegetables and other healthy foods so they are easy to grab for snacks or toss in a bag for work or whatever.  I usually have sugar snap peas, cut up peppers, apple slices, cheese with gluten-free crackers, etc.  When I cook dinner I try to have some left overs to take for lunch as well.  I find that using the Glad Take-Along type containers makes it easy to store things in the fridge and to grab and go when I am busy.

I find I do better with gummies.  Not sure why.  You  might check the sweeteners in them.  Some bother people.  Taking a vitamin with food is helpful to me.  And not taking them all at once helps, too.  You could try a sub-lingual B12.  You put it under your tongue and let it melt.  

One should ALWAYS take vitamins with a meal.

And in Minnesota you have Shopko. They have a line called Shopko Naturals that have no gluten, soy, corn, dairy, sugar, salt, yeast, artificial colors, or artificial flavors. And they are not expensive. Quite often (about once every couple of months) they have a buy one get one special on them.

Thank you everyone!!  I now have a few options B)

By the way -  I should have mentioned in my initial post that we live in rural MN - during the winter months varieties of fruit and vegetables are somewhat limited and are several days old by the time they get to the stores...  I can't wait until summer to grow my own varieties fresh!