Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlessedMommy

Sub Sandwiches

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm a huge fan of the Schar baguettes, but I found that they're best when fresh out of the oven.  I generally bake them for 10-12 minutes rather than the suggested 5 so that they get nice and crispy on the outside.  

I will also use them to make sandwiches I bring for lunch the next day, but I bring all of my ingredients in one container (for the fridge) and the bread in another (not for the fridge).  Then I nuke the bread for 20 seconds (this is after it was baked the night before) since it's otherwise too dry.  This isn't quite as good as being able to eat it fresh, but at work you gotta do what you gotta do.  

I think they also have smaller sub rolls, but I always find that at my local stores the baguettes are more cost-effective.  

Join eNewsletter

I too have used Schar...several bakeries now sell them.... for a recipe I have used recipes from betterbatter or Nicole hunn from her bread cookbook....both were very good...I'm loving the pinterest gluten-free , so much to choose from... it can take several hours of my time as there are so many recipes...

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts