Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

:( Hi guys,

last night I went to a Christmas party and thought I had covered my tracks. They had turkey and I asked if they had made it with any breading. She told all she used was seasoning. That all sounded safe. I later found out that she had soaked it in beer the night before. I immediately felt that pain you feel in the abdomen that says "trouble is coming". Although I have not had any DH or throwing up, I have had a few Neurological symptoms and am curious if any have experienced the same reaction. I have Functional Neurological Disorder. I have events look like Neurological symptoms but are not picked up be an EEG. Last night about a half hour after my gluttening, I began to have muscle spasms all over my arms and legs. It would later turn into a full shaking of the body where i was thrown to the group shaking wildly. I finally went to the ER. Does anyone else have neuro symptoms after they have been glutened? 

Ken

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I get neuro symptoms from glutening. From more mild glutenings, just a headache and a low grade fever for a day. For more severe glutenings, days of severe headaches and some speech difficulty. My worst ever to date was from my gluten challenge, where I had a full blown TIA. (transient ischemic attack or mini stroke)

I'm sorry that you're feeling bad and I hope that you are on the mend quickly!

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

The beer is a definite no-no, but "seasoning" is also suspect, as some seasoning mixes contain wheat or barley. When listed as an ingredient, "spices" are safe, but they are not the same as seasoning. If seasoning contains wheat, that must be disclosed, but in the US barley can still be hidden.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter