Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renaye

Safe Sausage Brands

I am looking for bulk sausage to fix this week. We usually fix our own but we are out. All I find on the web are brands that claim to be safe but may have cc. I don't have a typical reaction so I am looking for help. Thanks!!

Positive DGP IgG & DGP IgA, negative biopsy, HLA typing unable to interpret, sicca syndrome, positive ANA, low WBC count, intolerant to peanuts, eggs, dairy, IBS-C, GERD.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't had any Jimmy Dean yet because of the corn, but now that I can tolerate corn again, when I want sausage that's what I'll get. There is hardly any fat in Jimmy Dean. You wind up getting more than your money's worth because there's so little shrinkage. And it tastes so good.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Jennie O turkey products are listed as gluten free on their website, including their sweet and hot Italian turkey sausage.    http://www.jennieo.com/products/76-Lean-Sweet-Italian-Turkey-Sausage

Self diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten free since 12/09.

Diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 15 years ago. Fibro symptoms have improved but not gone away with gluten free living.

Osteoarthritis, mostly in hands and neck and lumbar spine. Not sure if going gluten-free has helped that problem, but it certainly can't hurt. (Am very grateful that so far no sign of the RA that is devastating my mother lately.)

Considering a dairy free trial. Considering.

Join eNewsletter

Bob Evans original and Sage flavors are ok for me.  They have others but they are a little spicy.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

My locally owned grocery carries one called Ol' Folks. I don't know if it is available nation-wide, but it is really good. Has no gluten listed and I have used it a lot with no reaction.

Join eNewsletter

If you are up here in The Great White North of Canada, all products by Piller's are gluten-free. Gluten-free pepperoni can be hard to find, but theirs is. Find their products at Loblaw group stores, including no frills, Zehr's, Canadian Superstore, etc.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

I have used both Johnsonville chicken and apple sausage and Aidells chicken and apple sausage in a Pasta Fagioli Soup recipe and not had any reaction to it.  Both say Gluten free on the packages but they are not certified gluten free.

You might want to check their other sausage types and flavors to verify they also say gluten free.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter