Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xrisx

Depression Went Away After 5 Months?

Hello, I was depressed constantly since age 13, then my belly went big and started having terrible panic attacks in 2011 to 2013. In August 2013 I went gluten-free and I noticed that my depression and anxiety went away in December. It was so fantastic, I felt in love with life again since age twelve. :)

Do you think noticing an improvement after 5 months when it comes to depression/anxiety is common? It seems that the moodiness is the last symptom to go away in my case. Any similar stories? I've got glutened many times this summer and recently and I've been a bit moody so it's deffinitely gluten-related.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Depressive episodes are one of my symptoms of being glutened. I had horrid depression growing up and was hospitalized because of suicidal ideation. Now I only get suicidal like that after being glutened. Sometimes I still get depressed, but not nearly so bad. So yes depression can clear up because of being gluten free. 

Join eNewsletter

Yeah I know, I just didn't expect for moodiness to be the most persevering symptom. I guess even the slight malabsorbation makes me feel dull due to years of malabsorbsion. The longer I am gluten-free the happier I feel.

Anyway, happy Christmass to all of you and I hope 2015 will be better and gluten- and depression-/anxiety-free for all of us! :)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter