Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dania

Possible To Be Glutened?

Is it possible I got glutened from something like this? I was at Christmas dinners/parties and I brought my own gluten-free foods/desserts. However, other people were of course eating gluten-filled crackers, cookies, etc. I had someone toss me a mandarin orange and then I peeled it and ate it without washing my hands or anything. People were also passing around cards and gifts and I was eating at the same time as handling them. Is it possible to be cross-contaminated from things like that, or am I just being obsessive? I didn't feel as good the next few days, very irritable, anxious, etc.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would think it IS possible. The one time I got glutened it was from someone eating cookies and then playing my guitar. Later when I played my guitar and then ate without washing my hands first, I got hit.

Now no matter WHAT, I wash my hands before putting anything in my mouth. (And no cookies or other gluten foods are allowed in my shop.)

Hope you're feelong better soon.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for the reply. I am feeling better now. Yes I guess I need to wash my hands before everything haha. My house is gluten-free so it's not such an issue there, but things get trickier away from home!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter