Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gilligan

Gluten Free Multivitamin

I made a switch to a chewable multivitamin (pharmacist suggested the brand for me) a couple of weeks ago and have been sick since then.  I gave up all supplements and several foods 3 days ago to try to figure out what was going on with me - have felt better each day.  Today, I decided to start back on the vitamins and as I was about to pop it in my mouth, I saw it in teeny tiny print: contains wheat, soy, milk!  Hard lesson learned:  read all labels yourself!  Can anyone recommend a chewable multivitamin?  I switched to a gummy bear type calcium (Vitafusion?), but they are too sweet, so I don't want to try the multivitamin.  Any suggestions?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I need help with this also. (Still trying to figure out how to post to the forum..). I have become sick several times over the last two months and it was almost always meds.. Including vitamins. I also can't have soy, oats, coffee or chocolate. I NEED vitamins badly!

Join eNewsletter

I made a switch to a chewable multivitamin (pharmacist suggested the brand for me) a couple of weeks ago and have been sick since then.  I gave up all supplements and several foods 3 days ago to try to figure out what was going on with me - have felt better each day.  Today, I decided to start back on the vitamins and as I was about to pop it in my mouth, I saw it in teeny tiny print: contains wheat, soy, milk!  Hard lesson learned:  read all labels yourself!  Can anyone recommend a chewable multivitamin?  I switched to a gummy bear type calcium (Vitafusion?), but they are too sweet, so I don't want to try the multivitamin.  Any suggestions?

I personally am afraid of gummy anything. If it is sticky like gluten,, like latex, then I am not going to take it. But since you are taking that, you might want to consider putting your gummy vitamin into a small cup of hot water, let it dissolve and then drink it.

Join eNewsletter

I personally am afraid of gummy anything. If it is sticky like gluten,, like latex, then I am not going to take it. But since you are taking that, you might want to consider putting your gummy vitamin into a small cup of hot water, let it dissolve and then drink it.

There are many other things that make food gummy other than gluten. You are totally safe to eat products like this as-is if you confirm there is no gluten or other ingredients you can't have in them.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

This has happened to me too! I was taking a gummy and felt more sick each day. It doesn't say gluten-free anywhere. No idea what I was thinking when I bought it. I gave it to my husband.

~Brittany

Mom to Harper (born June 2014), Wife, Marathoner, and Sober since 6/3/2012.

Dx'ed 1/23/2012

Dx'ed with Hypothyroid & Hashimoto's 2/3/15

Suspect Reynaud's/Sjogrens

Completed a Whole100 May-August 2015. Felt great, and lost 7 lbs!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts