Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mayli

New Test Shows Elevated Results

My daughter was diagnosed a year ago and we've followed (at least I thought we have been following) a strict gluten-free diet. I mostly homemake food but she does go to preschool and we've gone out to eat twice since New Years.  She had her GI appointment and a TTG test last Tuesday. I received a call today stating her results were extremely high. My question is, would a high level mean she's exposed over a long period of time or could it be the result of a one time exposure a few days prior?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A lot depends on what her numbers were to begin with. If they were 200 and now they are 100 it's still really high but they are cut in half which is great.

One time exposure isn't going to crank numbers up super high so if it is due to exposure, it would be over time and consistent. 

HTH

Join eNewsletter

Very fraustrating, isn't it! 

We are in your exact same situation.   My daughter was diagnosed in Feb of 2014, almost a year ago.   I have done a ton of research, and follow what we believe is a very strick gluten-free diet.   My whole family is eating gluten-free to avoid contamination.  But we too still have very high TTG numbers.   We have another test in mid Feb.

There are no concrete answers, even our doctor can't tell us why our TTG is still above 100 after this many months.   Except some have said here that it can take a while to heal.

It is not like we can just give up... so we keep on doing our very best.   Hopefully our TTG will drop with our next test.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter