Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustMe75

Mission Brand Gluten Free Flour Tortilla!

I'm not sure if you know about these, but Mission started making gluten free tortillas! They're really, really good. They look, feel and taste like a real flour tortillas! I've found them at Von's, Ralph's and Albertsons in Riverside, CA. They're just stuck in with all the regular tortillas. There's nothing about them on Missions website and I emailed them but haven't heard back.

I just wanted to share this exciting find! I hate it when they release a new gluten-free product but no one knows about it so they don't sell well and end up discontinuing them. If you're like me you don't even look in the bread and tortilla section anymore :-) I found out about them by a fluke. My college daughter was home for Christmas break and one of her friends from school tagged her in a Facebook post from a Colorado Celiac group asking if anyone had seen the new Mission gluten-free tortillas in the store. Someone had heard they existed but no one believed it and there was nothing about them existing online anywhere. The next day my husband was at Albertsons and saw them on the end cap tortilla section and brought me home a pack.

I'm not sure how to post a picture, I haven't been on here in years. I have a picture of the front and ingredients.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have not seen that one!.  Their corn tortillas and chips have always been gluten-free and are now listed as such.  

Thanks.  Now I know to look for these!

edit- I don't see them listed on their website yet! Do you mind saying what part of the country you are in?  Sometimes, new products do a test market or roll out in certain areas first.

Join eNewsletter

Time to run to the grocery store!!!!!! :o

I would have never known to look for these, thank you for the heads up!   They are a big brand around here so surely someone has to have it.  Quite exciting.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Very cool! Thanks so much for letting us know about this. Yippie!

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

I thought I posted this last night but I dint see it. A guy from Mission tortillas called me back and said right now they're only available in Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona. They're hoping to have them nationwide soon.

Join eNewsletter

I'll have to wait then. Thanks so much for the info. & I'll be on the lookout for them coming to Florida.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

Aldi has some gluten-free tortillas also.  Theirs have soy flour as well so might not work for some people.  But they are cheap anyway.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter