Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zebra007

Pickled Onions

I guess I am like many, not overly confident on reading the ingredients and trusting that I have it right, on top of that a lot of it is written in Spanish where I live, and so I was wondering on the off chance that someone might know if Kühne Schlemmertöppchen  Silberzwiebeln (pickled onions) is gluten free. I have looked of course but couldn't find anything.

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

Sulfite free from Sept 2015

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It is SO EASY to make your own pickled onions though.  Save a couple of jars from some other product with lids and wash them up well. I do a huge red onion (so it turns pink in the jar) with some vinegar and sugar, i toss in mustard seeds and coriander seeds.. hmm what else, a star anise, a little bit of cinnamon, and a sliced japapeno for the pretty. Cook it to boil and turn off the heat, throw it in the jar, and wait a couple of days.  There are a wide variety of recipes for this and I have never had any better than the home made versions. TO DIE FOR! :D

Join eNewsletter

I know your right! ha ha...I must admit I am trying to make a lot of things for myself nowadays, so I should give it a go..thanks!

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

Sulfite free from Sept 2015

Join eNewsletter

I know your right! ha ha...I must admit I am trying to make a lot of things for myself nowadays, so I should give it a go..thanks!

YEP!   Notes:  One LARGE onion will fill two olive jars or one spaghetti sauce jar ( I always make my own spaghetti sauce so I have to use olive jars). and they last for months of pickled onion happiness. OH SO YUMMY on pulled pork carnitas!! yesh!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter