Guest Haypaula

Breyers Yogurt

Rate this topic

Guest Haypaula

I read in "Against the Grain" that Breyer's yogurt is safe, however, the label lists "food starch modified". Doesnt that mean not safe? Paula

Bryers Yogurt is made by Kraft. Kraft has a statement that says that it will put any allergen information on the label. For example if the modified food starch was made of wheat it would say Modified Food Starch (from wheat). Read each flavor label carefully. I eat strawberry alot. It is fine, I eat it quite frequently.

-Jessica

Guest Haypaula

Jessica, thanks so much...I love their banana strawberry and was very upset to think that I would have to stop eating it...it gets so confusing sometimes. thanks again, paula

Thanks for posting this! My son wanted some yogurt and I wasnt sure what brand to buy. I went ahead and bought Breyers but I wouldnt let him eat it until I did some homework.

Stephanie

Dear mcsteffi,

Yoplait clearly labels gluten as well if it is present. The Whips are great! Especially the Latte Flavor! I had to stop eating dairy except in chocolate candy. For some reason, that does not bother me. If I eat pudding or yogurt, I get as violent a reaction as if I ate gluten!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl