Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renaye

Fiber Menace Book And Gut Sense Website For Constipation

Anyone read the book fiber menace or looked at the gut sense website? Any input would be appreciated.

Positive DGP IgG & DGP IgA, negative biopsy, HLA typing unable to interpret, sicca syndrome, positive ANA, low WBC count, intolerant to peanuts, eggs, dairy, IBS-C, GERD.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just took a look at the website.

You have been gluten-free for several years and still experiencing constipation? I assume that you are adhering to the diet and it looks like you have been dairy, egg, and peanut free.

I do not eat grains because I am on a low carb high fat diet to keep my blood sugar in line. I eat what makes my meter happy! Constipation was not ever really an problem for me prior to my dx. I did find during my prep for both the colonoscopy and endoscopy that my transit time had really slowed down. Just another unaware celiac disease symptom!

The carbs I do consume are primarily grown-above-the-ground veggies. Yes, even for breakfast! I eat a normal amount of protein and then make up the rest of my daily calorie requirements in fats (avocado, butter, cheese, nuts, mayo, olive oil, saturated fats, etc.). My meter is happy! My digestive tract is happy too! My doctor is happy as well. I must be doing something right!

I guess I am telling you this, because it is not necessary to consume grains to be healthy -- at least for me. There are some many tractional diets in the world that do not include grains. Complications from diabetes and celiac disease are more worrisome for me.

It has almost been two years since I was diagnosed. The first year took a long time to see improvement and I was already gluten-free savvy since my husband has been gluten-free for 14 years. I knew the drill. Eight months later, I developed diabetes. Cutting out grain carbs and potatoes has continued to improve my health and I have been off them for a year! My intolerances have improved (I got back cheese and eggs!)

Going back to the site. No time to see of this guy is a quack or not. What I did see is that he is a diabetic and published government studies show that a low carb high fat diet can be beneficial to those with diabetes. (Search PubMed and there is a recent study from the University of Alabama too that is pretty good). The author is not cured from diabetes. He is just managing it like me.

There are other sites regarding this diet for diabetes and it is free. Plus, the author publishes all studies. She has a book but it is the exact same stuff that she offers free on her website. The site is Blood Sugar 101. Some seniors prefer books.

Have you discussed this with your doctor?

I hope you find your answers!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter