Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zebra007

I Made My Own Milk Today!

I have made my own Almond milk today!!!...and its creamy, easy to make and tastes good.  This has really excited me for some reason ha ha!. 

Basically I decided I was not happy with a lot of what was on offer and found Rice milk to be the best, but really when I looked at all the added ingredients, and the fact that it is so sugary I decided to have a go at making my own..

This morning I tried it with tea and have just had a creamy cup of coffee, I would never have believed how easy it was..

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

Sulfite free from Sept 2015

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

LOL  When I first clicked on this I was half expecting a breast milk story.  LOL ;)

Congrats on the milk!   chuckle chuckle

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

LOL  When I first clicked on this I was half expecting a breast milk story.  LOL ;)

Congrats on the milk!   chuckle chuckle

You crack me up!  I was going to pop in and see who asked if the OP milked a cow!  LOL

Great job, Zebra.  It is nice to make something and control what goes in it, especially when it really isn't all that hard!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Hey! Yes I am still feeling really pleased with myself, for some reason I thought it would be harder!! and of course it just looks like the real deal!

What I am not so pleased about  though is that I have discovered that I am not simply lactose intolerant.  Through a diary elimination, and some very worrying allergy symptoms it appears that I have a problem with Casein (the protein in milk) which now means I have to be even more vigilant with what I can and cannot put in my mouth.

It is good that I now know and explains why I have been feeling ill for so long. I read somewhere that Casein intolerance is quite serious.

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

Sulfite free from Sept 2015

Join eNewsletter

I am gunna have to give it a try. I know my Daughter also made her own Almond milk. Congrats! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter