Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikki2777

Bob's Red Mill Cornmeal - Shared Lines (Not gluten-free Packaging)

So frustrating - I'm trying to cook more, and I have no experience with corn meal.  Rushed through the store getting ingredients for a recipe I've been wanting to try and didn't realize I picked up the Bob's cornmeal with the shared facility/equipment warning on the back.

I can't use this, right?

So, my family will be able to have this delicious looking tamale pie and I won't?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sadly, they do make a gluten-free version and this is not it.  Lately my grocery store stopped carrying the gluten-free one, too, so I was high and dry as well.  This one, as far as I know, is made in the wheat part of the facility, so CC may be a concern there.  I would not risk it.  Just put the pie filling over rice and make the tamale part another day :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I'm sorry that happened to you. I have often wished that BRM would take all items which are naturally gluten free and process them in their gluten free facility. 

Do you have a Vitamix blender and flour sifter by any chance? It's possible to grind your own cornmeal from popcorn kernels. 

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter