Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grannyglut

Shampoo And Other Personal Products

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Most product are. I tend to avoid some like Aveeno (sp?) that has oatmeal, but most are fine.  just bring a magnifying glass to the store to read the teeny tiny labels.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

You don't need to worry about things like stick deodorant. Just worry about the things that might get in your mouth.

Like Nicole said, bring your reading glasses - the wheat germ oil in the hair spray is pretty obvious in the ingredient list. :)

Join eNewsletter

You don't need to worry about things like stick deodorant. Just worry about the things that might get in your mouth.

Like Nicole said, bring your reading glasses - the wheat germ oil in the hair spray is pretty obvious in the ingredient list. :)

Thank you so much, it seems like a lot of things have gluten and it seems so hard at times.

Join eNewsletter

Thank you so much, it seems like a lot of things have gluten and it seems so hard at times.

It IS hard at times.  Just give yourself a few extra minutes when shopping, to read labels, and you'll do fine. :)

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

I use either Garneir products or Suave. Both will label clearly and are inexpensive. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I didn't check it for being gluten free, but I am using Ban deodorant (green container). I bought it in Sept. and it is now Feb. and I am still on the same container! It lasts forever. So budget-wise, if you are looking for something that isn't too expensive and lasts a long time, I recommend that!

Join eNewsletter

I have been  gluten free for over ten years.

I use:

Lubriderm lotion

Dove shampoo

Red Apple Lipstick (one line order and awesome) ...this is a start.  You can venture out a bit later. :

And hair stray - ick -don't do that.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter