Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MoMof2Boyz

Allergic To Pumpkin Oil?

I just started taking pumpkin oil again to help with my bladder.  I took the oil (from capsules) a few months ago and didn't have a problem.  I now have a rash on my forearms(the underside) same area on both arms . It looked like red lines all in a row on my arms. It didn't itch, but just stung a little.  My arms didn't come into contact with anything and I don't recall how long it was after I consumed the oil that the rash developed.  The rash is still there  but doesn't look as bad as it did the first day. I"m just wondering if this could be a reaction to the oil? I tried looking online, but only find info for allergy to pumpkin seeds. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ok, thanks! but is the rash an allergic reaction or intolerance?

Rashes are usually allergic.  Maybe try some plain pumpkin seeds and see if its the pumpkin seed oil or something else in the pill or you ate or got on your skin?

Join eNewsletter

A rash does not equal an allergy.  It could be but pumpkin is very very rarely an allergen.  If you can tolerate seeds and pumpkin, there isn't anything in the oil protein wise that would be any different.  Could be the way it is processed or the weather or something else.  Also if it's equal bilaterally it could be eczema as well.

Join eNewsletter

Hi StephanieL, it's been a long time since I"ve had pumpkin seeds or pumpkin baked goods. I  think I am going to buy the seeds(if I can find them!) and try them and see what happens. I do remember that I liked them so it's not like I'd buy them for nothing! :D  Honestly, I don't think it's eczema, it just doesn't look like any of the pictures I"ve been looking at, plus the rash doesn't itch, at all!  Of course, I could be wrong. I do have a doc appt. Friday to go over some lab work and I will definitely show my doc and see what she says! Anyway, if the seeds don't make the rash worse then like you said, it has to be something else. Just trying to figure out the cause and the oil is the only thing I"ve been consistent with! Thanks for replying! if me or my doc figure it out, I'll try to remember to post back here!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter