Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LauraTX

Multivitamin With No Or Low Calcium.

So my latest blood results from my Lupus doctor showed I have slightly high calcium(10.6 with a normal range of 8.6-10.4 mg/dL) and he wants me to stop getting extra calcium.  Given my Celiac disease, I want to keep supplementing with a well rounded multi-vitamin, preferably one that has iron given that I am a female.  

I have been taking the store brand of the One A Day Womens, which contains 500mg of Calcium Carbonate, 50% of daily value.  I have a lot of medical costs, so would highly prefer having it all in one pill as that will cost less than taking tons of vitamins separately.  Just looking online, the closest, most complete one I can find is this one, with only 100mg of Calcium Carbonate.  Any recommendations?  gluten-free, of course :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Also, I want to add, I don't want to go over 100% daily value of folic acid, because I have to take a big dose once a week after my methrotrexate, and too much of that will give you sores on the hands and mouth.  

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Join eNewsletter

That is a good idea.  I think I am going to go on a tour of drug stores and GNC to see what I can find.

Join eNewsletter

Hi, I use Rainbow Light, its gluten-free and dairy and casein free, and it has only 200mg of Calcium carbonate, 20% of daily value.   I think its a good vitamin to take, and it gives you 6mg of iron, 33% of daily value.

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Light-Womens-Multivitamin-Tablets/dp/B0009KNLV6/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1425429525&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=rainbow+light+Womans+one+vitamins

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

Sulfite free from Sept 2015

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter