icelandgirl

Favorite All Purpose Gluten Free Flour?

Rate this topic

I'm really low on flour right now and need to get some. I'm wondering what your favorite all purpose gluten free flour is. I've tried a few so far:

Bob's- didn't like

Pamelas- liked OK

King Arthur- really liked for pancakes...cookies not as much

Better Batter- my overall favorite so far

I've been thinking about trying gfJules flour. Or I may just order Better Batter again.

Anyone tried Jules? Did you like it? If not...which flour works great for you?

Thanks

I like both Jules and better batter, but for baking, my very favorite are the Mama's blends. Both The almond and coconut blends are good. Don't be deceived though, they are not low carb blends as the name may hint. They are simply blends like the others. But really good in baking

King Arthur for most things and Betty Crocker gluten-free for cookies and cakes.  I have admittedly turned to Against the Grain for loaves of bread and pizza crusts. YUM!

betterbatter is a good choice & price is good as well...I use several blends as I like one blend for a few things & another for other things.....here are a few top choices:

Betterbatter

Jules

tom sawyer

cup for cup

King Arthur flour

Mama's blends

Meister

authenic foods classic blend....

Jules  is  good... I agree  the shipping  is  usually  very high  , that  is  why  some online  shopping  is better  because  you can  pick up  free  shipping....

If  you  want  flours  with  more  of the good  grains  then  the almond/ coconut , whole  grain blends  are  much better....

I use Bobs Mill but I am not too keen on it really, and its not cheap either,  but its the only option I have, and so I have decided to order some flours online, and mix them up myself like BM.

zebra007 we can get BRM for $2.00 a bag at the local big lots..... I don't use it but it is cheap here....

I pay  almost $10 a bag, which is ridiculous really.  I'm in Costa Rica where its tricky finding things.  

Since I am newly diagnosed with wheat sensitivity I have been shopping for gluten free products for the last two weeks or so.  Flour has been the big issue so I am so grateful for this thread! 

I just found some Pillsbury gluten free flour containing rice flour, potato starch, pea fiber, tapioca starch and xanthan gum. I haven't tried it yet but need to start up my spring baking.  

What differences can I expect from baking with gluten free flour and regular wheat flour? Also, has anyone else ever tried the Pillsbury gluten-free flour and what were the results?

Thanks!

Since I am newly diagnosed with wheat sensitivity I have been shopping for gluten free products for the last two weeks or so.  Flour has been the big issue so I am so grateful for this thread! 

I just found some Pillsbury gluten free flour containing rice flour, potato starch, pea fiber, tapioca starch and xanthan gum. I haven't tried it yet but need to start up my spring baking.  

What differences can I expect from baking with gluten free flour and regular wheat flour? Also, has anyone else ever tried the Pillsbury gluten-free flour and what were the results?

Thanks!

I haven't seen that one yet, but it is certainly worth a try.  I have spent a not so small fortune collecting ingredients for mulitple gluten-free flour recipes, as well as prepared mixtures.  I am going to settle down and start baking while rating each and every one to try and come up with one or two that will make me happy (or at least somewhat satisfied).  Please let us know what you think of the Pillsbury.  After awhile you can start noticing a trend of the ingredients that tend to show up in most of the more acceptable recipe combinations.