Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maximoo

Eggo gluten-free Waffles

I was in target ystrdy n to my surprise I eyed EGGO gluten-free waffles! I had no idea they even existed! There's cinnamon or plain available. I bought 1 box of each n tried the cinnamon this a.m. It was crispy outside n fluffy inside, not crumbly like Vans. Im very pleased with the texture.I found the cinnamon flavor very weak and so did my DD. she put syrup on hers. I will sprinkle a little cinnamon n sugar on mine next time.

The price was $2.99 for 8. We typically buy Natures Path waffles which is $3.50 for 6. So, we will get the EGGO from now on. Tomorrow we will try the plain ones. I'm pretty sure they are fine tho.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Nice to have a tasty quick breakfast, especially for kids!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I have tried them and I prefer Van's over Eggo's, although they are cheaper. Nature Path, did not settle well with me.  :huh:

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Lisa, don't u find the vans waffles rather crumbly?

No, I really don't.  I toast them in my toaster oven and top with melting peanut butter and organic, unfiltered honey or jam. Unfortunately, we are down to ONE grocery store in our town and they do not carry Van's any longer.  Gotta talk to the manager. -_-

Lisa

Join eNewsletter

I bought Eggo's on an impulse yesterday based on this conversation -- I NEVER EAT EGGOS! How silly, now I have to eat them, but I dont have a gluten-free toaster yet, lol.

Do you have a toaster oven?  I have my own shelf.  I think that they may be a bit gross in a micro. :rolleyes:  Try buttered and fried, like a grilled cheese.  Maybe so?

Lisa

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter