C-Girl

I Had The Gluten Dream...

Rate this topic

I had this vivid, very vivid dream. I was in a ethnic food festival, and was at an exhibit where they were demonstrating how crackers were made in various countries throughout history. I could taste the delicious buttery goodness of the samples that were still warm. The crunch, the mix of air and grain that simulates fat, the light saltiness. Then, in a panic, is realized I could never eat any of it and was suddenly so profoundly sad.

You'd think that after a year and a half his would stop. But no. I still mourn. It's not that I don't have great food in my diet, but what I wouldn't give for a proper saltine. One without xantham gum, or tapioca starch or some other crap alternative.

Maybe it's just pms, but man am I having a pity party day.

Yes I have very vivid dreams of eating Gluten! OMG!!!!! In my dreams I eat gluten foods  I would never eat when I was eating gluten! 

I don't even even crave anything thing with gluten anymore in fact I fear it. I think the trick is to find something else you love that is satisfying. For treats I have on occasion Andy's frozen custard hot fudge sundae and what I did last week was find the most awesome delicious dark chocolate cake King Arthurs brand {very moist} even my kids loved it and they are not gluten free. I used betty crocker frosting. I think all the b.c. frostings are gluten free and soy free. If you like corn chips, Fritos reg. are gluten free. You just have to explore.

Oh I have treats I like enough, it was more the dream itself than a real craving.

Last night I dreamed I was told I'd been sleep-eating, going out to fast food places and eating gluten and not knowing it, and that was why I was still having issues.

I wish it was really that simple. I'd definitely prefer being locked in my room at night to never knowing if I can leave to 10m orbit around the bathroom that day or not.

Sleep eating ... LOL

I don't have gluten dreams but I do have day dreams and the occasional pity party, and that is after being gluten-free almost 3 years.  Lately I have been craving a big juicy burger, and ordering a dessert (cheesecake mmmmm) that isn't ice cream.

And travel... I have three gluten-free kids who are picky eaters so whenever we travel we stay in condos or cabins where I am still preparing three meals per day.  No rest for the wicked.

Would the burger be good with out the bun.  I had a burger from hardeys angus not soy with out the bun wrapped in lettuce and it was good! I did not get sick

Every few months I have the gluten dream.  They are so vivid I actually can taste the food.  Then I panic in dream about getting sick.  It takes a few minutes after waking up to remember that I didn't actually go to McDonald's.