Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi - I saw these in the frozen section last night.  They say Gluten Free on them, but no indication about cross-contamination, etc.

I don't generally like frozen meals, but sometimes the convenience is just too hard to pass up when I'm busy.

Does anyone eat these and know if they are safe?  Does Healthy choice have other Gluten Free options that are good?

Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We had something about this a month ago? You might want to use the advanced search function and see if you can find it. I have to run right now. Maybe check on the website for Healthy Choice? There were 4 or 5 flavors.

Join eNewsletter

I went through the reviews on the Healthy Choice website. Not one mentioned that they had celiac disease (that is how I gauge the safety of a restaurant or product). Although the ingrediants are gluten free, I would be surprised if their gluten free products are made on a separate line. Next step, call the manufacturer or you could be the guinea pig and report back your findings.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I got a couple of these a few weeks ago. Had no problems with them and will buy them again as sometimes I am just to tired to cook when I get home from work. At the same time I got a couple Jimmy Dean chicken bowls that were not marked gluten free but had no gluten ingredients. I have eaten the Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls with no problem so figured I would give those a try. That was a mistake. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Found this on thier FB page- which seems to be a quick way to get answers. They sound safe

Yes, in order for us to label them as gluten free, they must be tested. If any other meals that contain any of the top allergens are made on the same lines, there is a very thorough cleaning and validation process that takes place before the gluten free meals are made. If you have a sensitivity to gluten or have celiac disease, you can be confident you can eat these meals. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for digging that up, Karen.  I think I saw a Celiac blogger post about these, I forget who it was.  But said they are decent.  I may try one, looks like a good option for if I am away from home.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter