Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm confused - I thought I'd learned that Gorgonzola was not safe to eat because of how it was aged (on bread?).  But a restaurant I frequently go to - one that has very comforting gluten-free practices, and seems very knowledgeable -- has gorgonzola as an option on their gluten free pizza.  I've never asked them, but can that be right?

I know I initially avoided blue cheese for the same reason, but then learned that most of the commercially available blue cheese in the US is safe (is that true?) and have been eating it with no incident.  Is it the same for gorgonzola?  I do love my gorgonzola (or used to) and it would be great if I could have it again.

Does anyone know?  I did a search here and found mostly older posts that seemed unsure, so I thought there might have been new research.

Thanks.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yum!  LOVE gorgonzola (it is blue cheese).  Trying to incorporate it into my dinner party Sat night. Thinking maybe in little stuffed tomatoes?  Maybe just crumbles on the antipasto plate?

good explanation

http://celiac-disease.com/ask-gfq-does-cheese-contain-gluten/

Join eNewsletter

Just a fancy name for a fancier blue cheese... haha.  Now I want some steak gorgonzola alfredo.  I better get on it in the kitchen soon!

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter