Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Lissa283

Cookbooks

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

For some family friendly recipes that are gluten-free but not too complicated, I like http://www.imaceliac.com/recipes

As far as regular cookbooks go, any crock pot cookbook will work for us Celiacs, you just have to sub in gluten-free ingredients which usually is no big deal.  There are a lot of websites that do crock pot freezer meals, I have made those up for when I had a surgery and could do nothing, and those would probably be nice for you having kids taking up your time.  I like to look at cookbooks at my local library, and I only buy them if I really like them.   Most cookbooks I only like one or two recipes, and I will just hand copy those before they are due back to the library.

Edit to add:

A lot of us here who don't have as much time but still have to cook from scratch do a lot of batch cooking.  Cook up more than you need and freeze, and things like casseroles are really good for that.  Taco meat, soups, a lot of things freeze really well.  That way you can do the work of one meal and have it carry over for a few more.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

My fav "go to" when I run out of time is to mix about 1/4 cup or so coconut oil with some organic mustard and a little water making a sauce. Stir it up, pour over chicken. Add some capers if you want. Bake and serve.

Join eNewsletter

Most recipes from any cook book can be easily adapted to gluten free. This excludes baking, which is a whole other can of worms.

As for Crock pot recipes, I love Phyllis Pellman Good's "Fix It and Forget It" and "Fix it and Forget It Lightly". These are paperback and not too expensive.

Join eNewsletter