Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pauliewog

Gluten Free Beers-- Reviews

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do note that many of the beers they review here are the "Gluten Removed" kind, which I do not recommend Celiacs consume.  If you do, it is at your own risk.  

The comments on new planet are funny, because my husband tried that at a GFAF expo and was gagging, lol.  But he also doesn't like regular beer.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

LOL  I like their precise wordings to rank the beers, such as "Meh".   :lol:

I like Greens, but the darker beers instead of lagers... still tastes like a home brew though.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Minnesota has a 100% gluten free dedicated brewery called Burning Brothers Brewing.  They currently have one commercial canned beer/ale (Pyro) that is available in MN (and maybe in WI and IA). If you are lucky enough to be in the Twin Cities you can visit the taproom which has a larger selection.

Top three if I stop at my local store

Burning Brothers  (Pyro)  ( I drink the coffee and stout in the taproom)

Glutenberg American pale (Red can) or  IPA (Green can *** may be too hoppy for those that drank miller/bud)

New Planet Pale Ale   (I'm surprised they panned New Planets Pale ale).

Easier to find (bar) and drink in volume (if that's your thing)

Redbridge 

Bards

I won't touch gluten reduced beers (Omission, etc...)

Join eNewsletter

This post made me look at what I drink, There is only one choice in the supermarket and that is  Schnitzer Brau, German, and it says its organic and Gluten Free, it tastes really good actually...this is what they say about it.. 

"Schnitzer Bräu's organic, gluten-free beer is made from millet malt and brewed in Offenburg in the Black Forest. Classically malt-driven with a persistent refreshing palate and a fresh, clean finish"

What I would really like though is some vegan wine, but I will have to order that online I think.

Diagnosed Ulcerative Colitis Feb 2014 (in remission)

Diagnosed Lichen Schlerosus May 2014

Diagnosed GERD Aug 2014  

Gluten free from Sept 2014

Dairy free from Dec 2014

Sulfite free from Sept 2015

Join eNewsletter

Schnitzer Brau is available at some stores here in Ontario, and I like it. I also enjoy Bard's. Not so impressed with New Grist.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter