Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serielda

So Nervous

I am super happy I'm celebrating my 2 yrs anniversary of being where I work, so they are taking me to lunch. This would be a yay moment but I have celiac disease which we all know makes going out to celebrate a time of anxiety and nervousness. I am trying to find out where the lunch will be as its for a group of anniversaries so I can call ahead and ask questions to see if it's even worth my while to go. Do these call ahead to notify things really help prevent one from being possibly glutend or will I be wasting my breath and time on the phone.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You can call ahead or you can try looking places up on the internet. Since it is a group thing you could look up places with an internet search and then make some suggestions. If it turns out that the place they choose is one you don't trust you could eat something safe before you go or bring something with you. 

Congrats on the anniversary and I hope you are able to go and you have a great time.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter