• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Jnkmnky

Butterball Turkey Has Modified Food Starch!

Rate this topic

ConAgra foods will list the top 8 allergens in which wheat is included.

From the looks of their policy on MFS I say you are safe :)

I don't like them saying that they don't have a source that lists the gluten content content of their products...if they don't know what's in it how do they expect us to eat it?

I haven't had a problem with ConAgra foods so far though.

Hi, I called Butterball a couple of weeks ago and asked about gluten in their turkeys. A rep. told me that their plain, frozen, unstuffed turkeys do not contain gluten. He said that they were injected with a "salt solution". I ended up ordering a fresh Butterball that will not be injected with anything. I'm sure, though, from a gluten standpoint that the frozen one will be fine.

I have a source that says their fresh turkey's are gluten-free but their gravy is not. I am annoyed at butterball, I e-mailed them to see if their turkey hotdogs are gluten free and they never e-mailed me back <_<

I'm not sure if this is helpful to you or not, but in the Clan Thompson books it says that Butterball fresh and frozen turkeys are gluten-free. Don't use the gravy packet that comes with the frozen turkeys. It was verified on 1/18/04. I know that's a bit outdated. I ate a Butterball turkey 3 weeks ago and did not have a reaction.

Carriefaith: I had the same experience with Butterball. I am not the turkey purchaser for Thanksgiving but if I were there's another brand in our A & P that actually says on label "GLUTEN FREE." I don't remember brand right now, but know it when I see it.

Butterball turkeys -- fresh or frozen -- are gluten-free. They always have been. The gravy is not.

richard

I'm techno challenged so I don't know how to post Butterball's e-mail to me. They said they can't divulge the 'secret ingredients' for their frozen turkey products. They suggested I don't eat their frozen turkey or frozen turkey breast if I have a problem with gluten. Only their fresh products are guaranteed gluten free (that's them talking not me). They also did say not to eat their gravy regardless of what it comes in.

I think once you think you have gotten gluten from a product , it is hard to change your mind on that produce. Twice my husband had a problem with turkey & now he will probably never touch it again for fear of getting that sick again. He eats a lot of ham instead. It works for him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• April 17, 2019 Until April 27, 2019
      April 17-27, 2020   For the past few years many of you have asked us to arrange a River Boat Cruise that will allow us to visit Amsterdam's famous Keukenhof Gardens at its prime time of the blossoming of the millions of Tulips and Hyacinths - alongside the windmills of the Netherlands.  With the participation of a minimum of 20 persons we have arranged an All-Inclusive Cruise from Antwerp to Amsterdam.  This cruise will not be offered to the public until January, 2019 and always sells out quickly.   THERE WILL BE NO MONEY REQUIRED NOR COMMITMENT FROM YOU until we have all the final costs and details.  If you are at all interested check out our website for as many of the details that we have as of this time.   We need your request to be placed on a list of interested participants so we can present that number to Uniworld to show we have the sincere interest in this All-Inclusive Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free Cruise.   PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE DETAILED INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE AS OF THIS TIME.   http://bobandruths.com
    • April 24, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • May 04, 2019 Until May 05, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com