Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whitefairy30

A Resume On All My Tests And Considerations

Hi.

I done another stool test in another laboratory (not enterolab I'm outside US). 

That's the results:

- anti gliadin AK polyvalent: >200 (range 0-30)

- anti transglutaminase AK polyvalent: 50 (range 0-30)

- alpha 1 antitrypsin: normal

- calprotectin: normal

- lactoferrin: negative

- sekretorische iga: normal

The lab recommend a gluten free diet and a biopsy or a blood tests. 

The other tests rouled out inflammatory diseases like Crohn's or rcu. 

In february I had another stool test results at antigliadin iga at 51 (0-30). 

My genetic was DQB1*0201. 

My blood test in march about deamidated gliadin iga and igg it was negative. 

I also have positive anti asca igg in blodd in 2014, but I read a lot of celiacs get them. 

My symptoms are:

Meteorism since 20's, IBS (mostly costipated but sometimes diarrhea), low ferritin, borderline hemoglobin, thin and fragile hair, teeth with enamel defects since 20's, maybe SIBO but I don't have the breath test I think I can have it about my symptoms, brain fog, fatigue after meals, very low pressure (50/90). I had also gestational diabetes in 2005. Since 2010 I have some episodes of hypoglycemia after meals. I'm thin and underweight and doc suspected diabetes 1, but I don't show the auto antibodies in blood, so I don't have a diagnosis of diabetes but I got severe hypoglycemia (sometimes 2,7 nmol/L) after meals with a lots of sugar like chocolate.  

I know the standard goal for celiacs it's the positive biopsy, but with the anti gliadin in blood negative I think also my biopsy will be negative at this point. 

In 2013 I stopped eat grains and lactose. I eat only spelt bread and a little biscuits every day, so I have gluten but not so much as in past when I ate a lot of pastas, bread and biscuits.

I read much post here about Enterolab and results in stool, that appears positive before in stool test and after in blood, when the celiacs are at later stages.

With my HLA, my symptoms and stool tests I think I can have celiacs or gluten sensitivity for sure. Am I right ?? 

I cannot afford to return to eat pasta, bread and biscuits like in the past only for the gluten challenge.  

In 2013 I was so sick about diarrhea, pain, and high calprotectin (that means inflammations of intestines), that lasted a full year with a lot of pains. I don't really know if was the first stages of celiacs or maybe another inflammations. 

When I first tested in march 2015 at #1 lab and saw 51 I was just curious but when I had the positive gene HLA I done so many research about celiacs !! 

I started to cut off my bread at april 3 and not cheated on diet, so it's 15 days that I'm gluten-free, and I don't have cramps after meals !!  I'm severe bloated at evening after meals, but I have it since my teens. 

With all these info what do you think ? Can be real celiacs or gluten sensitive ? 

Whitefairy - diagnosed with Dq2 celiac gene (DBQ1*0201.), suffering with IBS and SIBO. 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

We are not doctors. I know you are trying hard to get a diagnosis.

If you are not getting medical support, you can simply go gluten free for six months or so and gauge how you feel. It certainly will not harm you to eliminate all forms of wheat, barley and rye. If you decide to do this, you must be sure you are 100% gluten free.

I wish you well!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

As Bartfull said, those stool tests aren't widely recognized as a medically valid test for celiac disease, so you won't be able to get a celiac disease diagnosis with those tests.  BUT, it sounds like the results you got support your hypothesis that gluten is damaging your health. Perhaps you should go gluten-free, if you can't do the other blood tests or biopsy, and then reassess your health after 6 months?  keep a symptoms and food journal and that will help you keep track of the slow changes.  It can't hurt, right?

At this point, it could be either NCGS or celiac disease.  You would have to complete the celiac disease blood tests and endoscopy in order to get a clearer idea.... On the bright side, both are treated exactly the same way.  ;)

You said:

I know the standard goal for celiacs it's the positive biopsy, but with the anti gliadin in blood negative I think also my biopsy will be negative at this point. 

The tissue transglutaminase and endomysial antibodies (as a general rule) are thought by some to be a good predictor of the intestinal health. http://www.healio.com/gastroenterology/malabsorption/news/online/%7Be0606e5f-2c9e-4766-b359-b7b8e65b952b%7D/use-of-nonbiopsy-espghan-criteria-depends-on-celiac-serology-test-performance

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter