Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abenedum

Barbecue Sauce Ingredients And Worcestershire Sauce

Two questions:

I am on a search to find a gluten free barbecue sauce and keep running across an ingredient called mustard bran.  I know that mustard flour is on the safe list, but what is mustard bran? 

BTW, I just discovered that KC Masterpiece Sweet Honey and Molasses Barbecue sauce is now listed as Gluten Free.  I will have to check their other flavors to see if it is the same.

Secondly, I have a bottle of French's Worcestershire sauce and based on the ingredient list it looks gluten free although it does not say it.  Other than the possibility of cross contamination from the facility where it is made, is it otherwise considered gluten free?  It does not appear on the forum's safe list.

Thanks! Any insights will be most appreciated...

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Lea & Perrin's because I think it's the best and gluten free.  It NOT gluten free in Canada.  For BBQ sauce, all of Sweet Baby Ray's are gluten free.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Stubbs BBQ sauce and Salt Lick BBQ sauce are gluten-free.  Salt lick also has really good salsa.  They may be local to the Texas/southwest area but darn tootin' they are good! :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

We love Stubbs!  Their chili mix is the basis of my doctored up famous chili and their wing sauce is so good!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

We use Kraft Honey Hickory Smoke BBQ sauce & love it. Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce is guud!

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for all the great suggestions!   I must have had an old bottle of Lea and Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce because it did not say gluten free but the new bottle does.  I gave away the French's since it does not specifically say gluten free.  Stubb's was on sale this week so I picked up two bottles to try.  Sweet Baby Ray's is next on my "to try" list!

Could not find Salt Lick or Maull's so it must be locally produced.  

Other KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce flavors are also listed as gluten free.

Thanks again for all who replied.  It really helped!

Join eNewsletter

We bought Two Fat Guys at a gluten free bakery to try (they just sell it - don't make it).  It was good!!  Then, we found it on clearance at HyVee for $1 a jar.  Needless to say, we bought all 28 jars!  Yup!  $7.99/jar for $1.  It must have been the way the store marketed it and where they shelved it because it comes in 4 flavors and is the best I've ever eaten.  Score!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter