Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am now three weeks post-gluten and enjoying some real improvements in my health. The migraines have almost disappeared, and the bloating is 90% better as long as I avoid sugar and dairy. Anxiety is also noticeably improved. What has not changed as quickly is the acid reflux pain that initially got me started on the road to the celiac diagnosis.

I realize now that three weeks is very early in the healing process and we need to be patient as the healing process continues. I'm just wondering how many other have, or had, GERD, and what the timeline of improvement is/was for you. After the migraines, it has been my worst symptom (maybe not counting the anxiety and osteoporosis, ha, ha). Also wondering if fellow Celiac/GERD sufferers are taking ppis, H2 blockers or lesser antacids.

Thanks all.

Celiac Disease, diagnosed April 1, 2015

Migraines, Esophagitis/Gastritis, Lower Digestive Issues, Osteoporosis, Anxiety, Arthritis, etc--some improving.

DQ2.2 and DQ2.5 trans

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was diagnosed with it when I was diagnosed with celiac. I was prescribed the PPIs but never took them. Instead when I would get that familiar discomfort I would take a dose of Pepto Bismal liquid. That would stop the pain within a very short time. I almost never needed a second dose. I still get the same pain if I accidentally consume soy. It's a fairly common intolerance for us celiacs to have so do note if soy containing foods aggravate the issue. Hope this problem resolves for you soon. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Good point on the soy. I'll try to dispense with it and see. Thanks.

Celiac Disease, diagnosed April 1, 2015

Migraines, Esophagitis/Gastritis, Lower Digestive Issues, Osteoporosis, Anxiety, Arthritis, etc--some improving.

DQ2.2 and DQ2.5 trans

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics