Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ezgoindude

Other Tests To Solve Thinning Hair? B12 And Iron Were Normal

Afternoon folks, as an advisory I am still undiagnosed, possible eosinophillic disorder, possible food allergies, possible leaky gut, possible celiac, it just keeps going.....

But anyways, I feel this is similar to all but how have you helped slow the hair thinning?  I'm not balding,  I still have a solid hairline, HOWEVER, its so light and thin that when its really sunny out you could see my scalp in certain areas (my hair is short, but this was never an observation)

My iron, ferritin, B12, and beta carotene were all healthy/above normal so the GI says I don't have any problems absorbing food, yet I have low vitamin d and struggle with weight.  Does this even make sense?  Any other vitamin I should be testing for?  I see my second GI on may 19th and was hoping to bring this up amongst other testing for SIBO

Summer 2010 - Loose stools, insomnia, doc blames IBS, continues for years

Sept 2013 - extremely ill like flu, inflamed eyes, loosing weight

Feb 2014 - fecal calprotectin 151, colonoscopy/endoscopy clear, duodenum looked flat,

complete celiac blood panel negative

July 2014 - CT scan with barium normal,  new GI currently pushing eosinophilic disorder with possible NCGI, hasen't concluded to anything.

May 2014 - HLA DQ2A1*05:01/05:05 POSITIVE, one copy

HLA DQ2B1*02:01/02:02 POSITIVE, two copies

***Feb 13, 2015 - finally started on just one diet, began SCD intro diet.  I'm much better than last year but several symptoms won't go away, interesting too that I don't seem to digest ANY carbs, including sweet potato and well cooked carrots, goes right through me.

currently on an extreme elimination diet, I'm fairly active I use this topic as my journal:  celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/109377-tips-for-my-elimination-diet-my-progress-so-far-has-been-confusing-and-probiotics-feel-like-dropping-a-grenade-in-a-mineshaft-full-of-fireworks/#entry930840

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

thyroid  testing? hair loss  heredity?  sometimes  just  part of the  aging process...I  knew  a guy  &  by 10th grade  he  was  balding  but  family males all  were  top of head  bald  by  age  20.....

Join eNewsletter

Yep, thyroid.  Hypothyroidism is more common among celiacs and can do a number on your hair. My hair thinned on top... as a woman, I'm not impressed.  

Check TSH (should be near a 1), free T4 and free T3 (should be in the 50-75% range of your lab's normal range), and anti-thyroid antibodies like TPO Ab.

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter