Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nm1983

Positive Blood Test After Eliminating Gluten For 9 Months

Hey!!! So I was diagnosed with celiac 9 months ago.  I have been incredibly diligent with eliminating gluten from my diet, or so I thought - new toaster, gut the kitchen, new collanders and cutting boards, etc etc.  I rarely eat out for fear of cross contamination.  I've checked my meds and vitamins, shampoo, makeup, cat food, everything!  

I just got a follow up blood test to check again for the gluten antibodies....it should be negative.  But it wasn't.  Same levels of the antibodies that I had before when I was eating gluten.  I'm so frustrated and discouraged, celiac has completely changed almost every aspect of my life, but I've done it exactly by the book (probably been over-cautious) and I don't know what else to do.  Can you test positive for celiac with blood work yet have a different problem that produces the same results? Has this happened to anyone else?  Are there any other sources that I may have missed for cross-contamination?   I've spoken with my doctor in great detail about all of this, but wanted some feedback.  

THANKS!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Which tests were done and which ones were positive? It is my understanding that one in particular can take a long time to come down. I believe it is the TTG. If you post the tests and results someone with more knowledge should be able to help.

How are you feeling? Are you seeing any improvement? It can take some time for levels to come down. Do look over the Newbie 101 thread at the top of Coping section if you haven't already. There may be some info in there that can help.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter